Sunday, February 3, 2008

Here we go!

I've been posting about Jekyll Island on a couple of different places and just decided to bite the bullet and create my own blog. I'll be putting info about what's going on with revitalization of the island on this site along with opinions and such. Plus an archive of things that have previously been written. So check in often!

At the moment, it's important that we get as much support for the resolution being offered by Senator Jeff Chapman which can be found at www.jeffchapman.us

Thanks!

3 comments:

Mickey said...

Jekyll Island is one of the most beautiful and peaceful places on God's green earth. It is loved by thousands for its pristine, unspoiled character. I love Jekyll Island!

Mae

mel said...

I absolutely agree!

wadingbird said...

Jekyll is so special because it is not developed to the teeth! I don't go to any florida beaches anymore because they are all buildings, asphalt and a pitiful few palm trees. Jekyll's live oaks are soooo much more beautiful than any palm tree ever made and the moss and ferns make it a God kissed place. I have met people at Jekyll that were vacationing there from Amelia Island in Florida. Now Amelia Island USED to look very much like Jekyll. now it looks like every other Florida beach. If someone likes that and wants to go there I say go. Just leave our beach alone, please. If you need a map to get there, I will get you one.